Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Thoughts on a Tuesday

Wow..it has been extremely too long since my last post. Not to much has happened though...other than it seems like lots and lots of babies being born. :) YAY..who doesn't LOVE babies!! speaking of babies..my neice, Audri, is doing great. I absolutely love her more than I ever thought possible. My brother, Brett, and his girlfriend, Bekka, brought Audri to my dads house this past Sunday for her visit to "Grandpas" house. My aunt and uncle and cousin were able to come over and see her as well as myself. It was SOO much fun. I pretty hogged her the whole time. Dad held her a few times as did my Aunt..but I held her and played with her the majority of the time. Ooopps!! he he! Here are a few photos from the day..



Here she is with the new Grandpa Kevin


Me "hogging" her. :)


Her gorgeous eyes


Annnnnd last but not least..my new fav of her. Look at those toes! he he! She is just adorable. She did NOT like being uncovered for this photo either. I am pretty sure she expressed that right after this was taken.

So this past weekend was nice. Troy and I cooked yummy pasta Friday night and enjoyed a nice dinner. We then headed over to my moms to play some cards. My mom and step-dad and their 2 best friends have been playing cards every Friday and Saturday for over 15 years..seriously!! They used to play Euchre most of the time, but I don't how to play (Even though I watched for 10+ years and still didn't get it). Now that there are 6 of us, we play Uno, Draw 2, Dice and 25 (its like Skip-Bo). It is soo much fun. They usually go through almost a complete case of beers in a night (that is between 4 of them) and Troy usually takes 4 or so himself. I am 95% of the time the driver for going home, but every now and then Troy and I switch it up. All in all..always a fun time. Saturday was my cleaning day. All my other Saturdays had seemed to get away from me with having Volleyball tournaments or something going on. Soo, my house was in mucho need of cleaning! I worked on cleaning until 3:30 or so. Then took a shower and "got all cleaned up" and met my great friend, Sarah Hite, for supper. We hadn't seen each other in extremely too long and had lots to talk about. We enjoyed Hacienda and then went to Kohls for some shopping and of course to look at their cute baby clothes! (who doesn't look at baby clothes when at Kohls??)   :} I was home about 9:30 that night and Troy was out for the evening at the Frog as his cousin, Joel, had a bachelor party there that night. I was SOOO excited to have the house to myself..i watched a great "chic flick" called 'No Reservations'. Not gonna lie..it made me cry..a couple of times. All in all though, I really enjoyed the movie and absolutly enjoyed me time at home! I was in such desperate need of me time. Volleyball has come to an end and it was weird to have all this time..but still really hadn't had a lot of JUST ME time. I spent a lot of that week just getting back into a routine of sorts. I expected to go through some sort of "withdrawl" from volleyball as it seems to be such a habit to go to Monday night league and Thursday night Pond "league". I am soo happy to say..NO withdrawls! yay! \

Well that seems to be plenty for now ... i'll leave you with a super duper cute photo of my nephew, Austin with my doggie, Bailie.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! You'd think there would be a withdrawal period, but NO! I think just about the time I actually start to miss it, Winter league will start so things will work out :)

Tracy said...

Your niece is so beautiful! I can understand why you would want to "hog" her! When she's old enough I have a handsome little nephew and we could hook 'em up. ;-)

Anonymous said...

No we don't know yet. But I'm having a girl, so I don't need a doctor to tell me otherwise :) Haha, I'll be thrilled with either :) But I probably won't find out for another 10 weeks...I didn't want to schedule an ultrasound "just" to find out the sex. They're expensive! So they did the first one to determine the age, and then they'll do one around 27 weeks to make sure Baby Money is developing correctly :)

I'm excited to find out what it is. I wish Justin would quit vetoing all my names though!