Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thursday Ramblings

Hmm, it took me a good 20 seconds to remember how to actually "post" a blog?!?! I was starting to get a little worried...haha! Ahhh, What a nice Thursday morning. I was able to drive my beast..aka my blazer this morning, for the first time alllll week. I have been driving Troys truck all week as well as pretty all LAST week too. :) His truck is 5 years newer than mine and mucho nicer. I compare them like this..his truck is like sitting in first class on a plane and mine isn't even coach..it's the luggage area. Yep..that is how I feel when driving it, riding in the luggage area of a plane.  :) ANYWAY..you are probably asking "Why aren't you driving your beast (aka, blazer) this week or last?"..well, it has been leaking some fluids-antifreeze and whatever else. Being that my truck is 8 almost 9 years old..I wasn't going to drive it and have it break down on me if I didn't have to. FINALLY, Troy (aka..my hubby) took it apart Tuesday night and seen the radiator was cracked AND the battery was dead. Ugh. Apparently i left a light on in my truck and it drained tha battery too. Luckily the battery was getting super old and I was in need of that soon anyway. So the radiator was fixed up yesterday and now she is running like new..umm, well kinda..she'll never be "new" again..but she runs reliably and nice now. :)  I already kinda miss driving troys truck. Its big..its a crew cab diesel Chevy. I feel like i'm on top of the world in that thing! haha! Funny story..when I've driven it to work..a few of the guys from 3rd shift have asked "Is THAT your truck"...I smile and say, YES, it sure is. They then comment.."Wow..nice truck" he he! I LOVE starting my morning that way. Plus..you get guys in general "checking you out" (umm, really most likely looking at the truck itself) as I drive it anywhere. I guess they normally aren't used to seeing a WOMAN driving that type of truck! he he! Again..what a great self esteem booster. :)

Not much has really been going on lately. This coming weekend is filled with busyness! Friday night is ladies night!! We are going to see a movie and to dinner. I seriously CAN'T wait! It'll be soo much fun and just nice to have girl time.  :)  Saturday we have a wedding to go to. That should be fun..i'm sure there will be some drinking..but i believe it is my turn to be the designated driver. Which is totally fine! I love seeing Troy let loose every now and then. It's such a "rare" thing for him.  :) Sunday we have a family reunion type of deal on my moms side. Not tooo awful excited, but it'll alright, i'm sure of it. I don't think Troy is that awful excited about it..hmm, actually I'm not sure if he even knows?

Sooo, 1 week from yesterday (Wednesday)..Deer Hunting opens! I am excited because Troy is SUPER excited AND that means I will have my evenings FREE for quite some time! You know what that means...ME time AND time to spend with my favorite people. 

Here is just some randoms
-I bought a Dr. Pepper this morning at 7:05 am. Yum..it's breakfast
-I just realized I get paid tomorrow. (every 2 weeks stinks)..
-I am totally ready to decorate for Christmas..just not ready for "christmas" per say..gifts etc. = tight on money..ugh
-I got up 10 minutes early today..but still got to work at the same time...hmm?
-I heard Joan Jett on my way to work the other day..i instinctively turned it up pretty loud and sang along! That was an absolute AWESOME way to start my day! haha..stop lauging at me!


Ok..that is IT for now!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...you're so funny.

Glad your car is back in shape. I feel your pain on the luggage compartment thing. My car is right next to yours :) She's 10 years old now...but she's paid off and running like a champ (knock on wood)....

Maybe we'll look into an SUV when the baby comes, but for now she's rolling right along :)

You bought a Dr. Pepper at 7:05? What time do you leave for work? I think I was getting in the shower at 7:05! I know what you mean about getting up early/arriving the same time to work. I have a couple of theories on why this occurs:

1-You know you have extra time so you dawdle a bit.
2-The flow of traffic is different when you leave at different times. I'll hit stoplights at different times. Or get with long lines of traffic on 15, that I don't normally get into when I leave at my "normal" time.

Anyway...have a good girl's night! And a good rest of the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Yeah there's soemthing about hearing a great song on your commute in that gets you going...

Rene said...

Glad to hear that your having a good day.

Sarah said...

Ahh I love your blogs. And I was going through withdrawal from them...

...glad you got the truck fixed. Even though you had to drive to Warsaw a million times... ;)

Is it Friday yet??

Anonymous said...

Bran you crack me up. I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog entries. Glad POS Chevy is back in running order :)

Oh and 'member that time you drank a Dr. P before I was even out of bed? Yea.... for real!

I can't wait for tomorrow night! :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun at Joel's wedding Saturday! I'm not sure where I was when they made the announcement in church, but I seriously didn't know he was getting married til last week! Need to pay attention more I guess..and Dr. Pepper rocks! Love that stuff!

Anonymous said...

I love that "self-esteem boost", too, when I drive my Yukon...hehehe...and I like to sit up high, you can see more around when your driving!!

Anonymous said...

Heck yeah Kirby can keep his shirt off the whole show and I wouldn't complain...he is so hot. Goodness.

I'm really hoping to get a DVR when I move to Justin's. Do you have cable or satellite? I want satellite, but I want internet and cable internet I think is cheaper and faster than satellite. But I'm scared I won't be smart enough to run the stupid thing!

Spandex is a weird word. Very weird.

Justin's take on the recipe was "it's okay"...but I think I had too many noodles in it. He will basically eat anything in his "food groups" though. Those include: meat, potatoes, noodles, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, butter....you get the idea.

I'll get you the real recipe though and you can try it out!